Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hotel Brunswick

In search for some sun last weekend, we took a drove up the coast and stopped in at Brunswick Heads. The sun was shining and the beer gardens at the pub looked very inviting. It was packed – people everywhere and the line up for the cafeteria style food counter was hectic. We placed our orders (I had one of the specials - Warm Thai style squid salad and my partner had a Steak with pepper sauce, chips & salad).



To order our drinks we were shuffled into the bar line up. I ordered a 5 Seed apple cider (the only cider available) and my partner had a schooner of Extra-Dry.

The meal was your typical pub feed – massive amounts of food & good value for money- especially the steak my partner had. The flavours of my Thai salad were good – coriander, mint & fresh chili. The squid itself was surprisingly very tender.

The beer garden is fairly larger – lots of space for families & large groups and a perfect place to spend a lazy Sunday – especially if they had the license for live music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment